4th International Conference on Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha & Traditional Medicine – 2016 (ICAUST 2016)
WELCOME TO ICAUST- 2016
We extend our cordial invitation to participate in the “4th International Conference on Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha and Traditional Medicine” organized by the Institute of Indigenous Medicine (IIM), University of Colombo under the guidance of the University Grants Commission (UGC), Sri Lanka on 8thto 10th December 2016.
The aim of the conference is to provide a platform for eminent researchers, academicians, physicians, traditional and medical practitioners, manufacturers and exporters of Ayurveda and herbal products, members of the corporate sector, agriculture sector and stake holders from all over the world.
This conference will provide an overview of the latest information on Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha and Traditional Medicine approach to health including practical strategies for incorporating evidence based modalities into clinical practice, using practices to prevent illnesses, recommendations for management of specific conditions and tools to evaluate the latest related research findings.
THEMES & SUB-THEMES
“Indigenous Knowledge for Health Challenges”
The programme will comprise plenary lectures by invited speakers and oral/poster/ video presentations, practical demonstrations, web casting and exhibitions.
Authors are invited to submit abstracts or articles on following session themes:
- Advance literature review on Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha and Traditional Medicine
- Clinical and experimental research for the management of communicable and non-communicable diseases
- Development of natural products including Herbal cosmetics and neutroceuticals
- Pharmacognosy, Pharmacovigillance and phytochemistry
- Research ethics in Traditional Medicine
- Patents and intellectual property rights (IPR) in herbal medicine
- GMP, Quality assurance, Quality control and marketing of herbal products
- Studies on Astrology and non-pharmacological measures
- Cultivation, organic farming, conservation and propagation of medicinal plants
- Sports medicine
- Yoga and naturopathy
- Traditional cuisine
BMICH (Committee room A) – From 3.30 p.m. onwards on 8th December 2016
Institute of Indigenous Medicine, University of Colombo, Rajagiriya -9th and 10th December 2016
Visit official website for more details: http://iim.cmb.ac.lk/icaust2016